As-Salaam-Alaikum (Peace Be Unto You)
Allah teaches in the Quran that "mere belief accounts for nothing unless carried into practice." We often discuss beliefs in our circles, oftimes foregoing our practical beliefs in favor of trivial beliefs. It is much better for us to focus on the practical beliefs (fundamental teachings of Islam), and that way we can and are carrying them into practice and making it PRACTICAL (useful to self and kind, to do for self and kind).
1. Of, relating to, governed by, or acquired through practice or action, rather than theory, speculation, or ideals: 'gained practical experience of carpentry as a carpenter.'
2. Manifested in or involving practice: 'practical applications of calculus.'
3. Actually engaged in a specified occupation or a certain kind of work; practicing.
4. Capable of or suitable to being used or put into effect; useful: 'practical knowledge of engineering'.
5. Concerned with the production or operation of something useful: 'Construction is a practical art.'
6. Level-headed, efficient, and unspeculative.
7. Being actually so in almost every respect; virtual: 'a practical masterpiece.'
Purpose of this build: to help continue to raise the level of questions and content in our circles as a people in Islam, and to emphasize the practical application of Islam so that we may become more productive as individuals and collectively as a people.
As-Salaam-Alaikum (Peace be unto you)
Your brother in Islam,